The recent Paris terrorist attacks show that militant Islam remains a threat no matter where you live. While other events or disasters are more likely, attacks on unarmed civilians by Muslim extremists will continue to be a problem for the foreseeable future. Therefore it is wise prepare for these types of events, which I have mentioned in previous posts.
After all, you can’t carry around a FAMAS every time you leave your abode.
Here are a few posts you can read to become better informed and better prepared. Islamic terrorism has been a threat to civilization since the 1960’s, it is not going away anytime soon…
- How Bad Is It? – The situation in Syria.
- Blowback – The affects of the Syrian Civil War on Western Nations.
- Any Time, Any Where – Terrorists can strike any time, any where without warning.
- Bias Towards Action – Being aware and ready to respond when the unexpected happens.
- You Are Your Own First Responder, Part I – How to become ready for the worst.
- You Are Your Own First Responder, Part II – More tips on how to become better prepared.
- The Impetus for Prepping – What got me to take action and become better prepared.
- Personal Responsibility – The adult duties of a responsible person.
- Beyond Control – Take responsibility for yourself.
- Somebody Else’s Problem – Newsflash: Bad things can happen to you!
- Everyday Carry – Items you have on your person every day.
- Thirteen – A list of preparation fundamentals.
- Prepping at Work – Items to have at work.
- Office Supplies – More than just pens and paper.
- One More Day – Preparing a kit that will keep you alive for twenty-four hours.
- Balance – Keeping it all in perspective.
My challenge to anybody who reads this article is to move beyond showing symbolic support for the victims of terrorism. The only thing that matters are actions that result in you becoming better prepared to handle an emergency. Everything else is posturing and a waste of time.